“Calfaria Baptist Chapel Calvaria Baptist Chapel – geograph.org.uk – 4080083.jpg Location Bigyn Road, Llanelli Country Wales, United Kingdom Denomination Baptist History Founded 1887–88 Architecture Heritage designation Grade II Designated 3 December 1992 Architectural type Chapel Style Romanesque Revival Calfaria was one of the many Baptist chapels in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, Wales. Established in 1881, the original chapel was a modest red-brick building which cost £500 and was opened in January 1882. Within seven years a new chapel was built, designed by George Morgan of Carmarthen. It flourished for over a century before closing in the early twenty-first century. The building is now derelict.
Founded in 1881, the first minister was James Griffiths, who moved to Calfaria, Aberdare in 1890. Calfaria was much affected by the 1904-05 Religious Revival, during which a large number of prayer meetings were held. However, and prominent member was so overcome by the emotional impact of the Revival that he was removed to Carmarthen Asylum.”
Explored: December 2018